The SABR- Dodgers

The blog that helps you out with understanding the always interesting organization in the Los Angeles Dodgers. Feel free to vent, moan, and give advice to other bloggers.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Yeah we lost, but I have been Thinking and...

... Maybe I have misjudged Jason Repko because of his SFUT and his history as a SFUTer. He also was really really really bad last year.

But his year (besides his SFUT), he has actually been one of the better players on the team. Before tonights game (which we lost 8-5, by the way), he was hitting .321 with an OBP of .410. In 18 games this year, he has more than a third of his RBI total from 129 games last year. He is also walking more, running faster, and hitting the ball harder.

I don't want to rain on anybody's bubble but: What did he do last offseason? It might just have been some kind of natural transformation, it could have been a new workout regimen, or it could have been -s-t-e-r-o-i-d-s-. But let's hope not. I am going to bury my head and say that 1) it is two easy to tell (which it most definitely is!) and 2) he was a 1st round pick and he is just living up to expectations now.

I am dubbing him a G-SFUTer. This term has a double meaning: either Good-Super-F*cked-Up-Thrower or Gangsta-Super-F*cked-Up-Thrower.

In my dictionary, Gangsta is synonymous with awesome.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home